View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 03:24 PM

Default What's the funniest song you do?

Somebody asked me this the other day and I had to give it some serious thought. I've got a few in the long list of songs I do to varying degrees of success that I would consider humorous, something to toss out to lighten things up or get a laugh.

Tightrope by Leon Russell.

Might not be so funny to some as others, since it's sort of about stage fright/stage love and the obsessive attraction of that. I think it gets a lot funnier if you can make your voice sound anything like Leon's, which is probably one of the more memorable voices ever. Helps to have tossed back a few.

Winchester Cathedral.

I can't remember who did this one but it's utterly silly. He's blaming the cathedral on his baby leaving town because it didn't ring it's bells as she was heading out. Really funny vocals on this one, sounding like they're heavily processed. Never fails to get smiles!

And, here's the weirdest one for sure.

Porpoise Mouth by Country Joe McDonald and the Fish.

This one is off Country Joe's 60's psychedelic masterpiece, "Electric Music for the Mind and Body". It's a very odd tempoed circus tune, a kind of love song with oddly inspired lyrics like, "I dance to the wonder of your feet, and sing to the joy of your knees" and "while scores of glittering bugs and flies, dance polkas on her limbs." And then, probably the strangest thing you might ever sing in public, "I hunger for your Porpoise mouth." Try singing this one to a girl on a first date and see how she reacts to it. That'll tell you a lot about her.

So, what funny songs do you'll have out there?

Turtle