View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jilm View Post
The J-29 has a Tusq saddle, if I recall correctly. I am pretty sure I am done with piezo pickups. Thanks for the tip about using guitar effects for vocals - I may play around with that at some point.
Hi big jilm, I have a Tanglewood OM (all solid with Engelmann top and rosewood back and sides). It has a Baggs element which I really like, and had a bone saddle from new. I always get good comments from sound guys and other guitar players on the plugged in sound. I had some work done on the frets, and as the original saddle had a couple of deep grooves in it, the tech replaced the saddle with a Tusq one. It sounded terrible on the first gig.....very harsh and brittle and I couldn't EQ it to get a decent sound. I refitted the original bone saddle, and it was back to normal. I have since picked up some new bone saddles and fitted a new one with no sound changes. I know there's not a lot of love on here for the Baggs Element, but I really like them......you may just have to find the right saddle for your guitar and play around with EQ.