View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 02:41 PM

With practice, you could swap an M80 in 10 mins but you’d still have to adjust it for string balance. There are many mags that don’t have adjustable poles and might be an easier swap ( or not. I think I’d hate not being able to voice the pickup). The Schertler, Dimarzio Angel, Fishman Rare Earth all come to mind.

I have used a Duncan Woody and thought it was serviceable but brittle and not a very delicate sound. I’ve never used a Trance Amulet so cant say much about it.

I’m not a big fan of the K&K. I’ve found I like the JJB pickups better, which could just be because I played with a myriad of mounting locations on my JJB equipt guitars and have only tried the K&K pickups in other people’s guitars.

The M80s pre is not necessary with the Fishman Loudbox I use most often but I’ve found I like the extra bite it provides
On ‘active’ mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindellama View Post
Can you "swap" him under 10 minutes?
I thought about the full anthem... But I don't want to alter the acoustic sound of the guitar, and would still need another pickup. I prefer the amulet m... Great sound without any alterations.
Would use it with a cheaper guitar though... Is it plug'n'play as in plug into any amp and have a decent sound?

Also... Does the Seymour Duncan Woody sound any good? It's suposedly made to be "swapable", not sure if it would be good with the weissenborn (higher strings and all).

And... Is the preamp necessary even with an acoustic oriented combo amp like the loudbox series?