View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdivs View Post
Thanks Matt, that was helpful. I'm thinking the Compact will suit this venue really well and my back will appreciate not lugging that Model 1 base around.

Phil
You're welcome!

I think the L1 Compact is a very handy thing to have. To me there isn't anything else on the market that gives me as good a combo of sound quality, coverage, versatility and portability. There are things that may do one or even two of those things better but the Compact is a great mix of all of those.

I had been using an L1 for q while when the Compact first came out. It took me a while to get one and then it took me a while to fully trust it. Why would I use it when I had the big L1 and knew what it could do?

I had double hernia surgery and the Compact fit just at my weight restriction while I recovered so I used it for all of my shows during that time and really came to appreciate just how much sound this little thing puts out!

And like I said, I like the sound on stage. I'm 6'4" so my ear is right up by the little speaker column when I'm using both extensions. This can be a bad thing if I'm not smart about how I set up but when I'm set up properly I hear myself more clearly than I do with the big L1.

I played a little coffee shop yesterday and the Compact is so nice for those shows!

Matt