View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpon View Post
Yamaha C40 seems to get praise- I don't have one.

I like Cordobas because they have a truss rod, and I think that increases the length of viability, because necks tend to bend over time- 12-15 years and you have to get a new guitar otherwise.

The Iberia series is best - there are a lot of C5s used on the market these days-warm sounding cedar tops, mahogany back and sides, usually good quality
if you go through Guitar Center- they have a good refund policy that keeps you from getting burned

I've bought blems on ebay with "defects" you can't even see that are new condition otherwise at substantial savings
a new C5 I think retails for $300- so maybe you could go that high or find one used.

Epiphone puts out a cedar top classical guitar for just over $100- but I haven't seen one personally
I have a Yamaha C40 and love it. I think I paid around $150 for it, so right in your price range. The C40 is the guitar my classical guitar teacher recommends to most folks who are just starting out on classical guitar.

Took me a little while to settle on strings, but I recently put on some D'Addario Pro Arte - Titanium Trebles that sound great.