View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

Ha! My guitar can beat up your guitar!

Ted asks the right questions, especially "best for what usage?" While your question is sure to get responses, it is kinda like asking "Which is better - Taylor or Martin?"... or: "Mahogany or spruce?" on the main forum. Human nature being what it is, expect to get responses based on who owns what.

First criteria to me: a guitar has to sound and play to my satisfaction. Then, it has to be comfortable to play (how it fits you and the set up). Then, it has to look good - life is too short to play an ugly guitar.

While not every carbon fiber model from the different manufacturers pleases my eyes, every example I've played has sounded good. Some, outstanding. Some are more comfortable than others.

I have an opinion to your question, but it is just that: my opinion. My favorite guitar right now (carbon fiber or wood) is a gorgeous Emerald X20. Louro preto wood veneer, glossy black CF sides & back. It fits me (these folks truly understand ergonomics), and the sound makes my ears happy every time I pick it up. Unless I just want to kick back in a comfy chair with something smaller... then, the X7 is my favorite.

That said, it doesn't diminish how I feel about any of my other guitars, and it certainly hasn't changed their various tones that originally attracted me.

I wouldn't want to be the one to pick out THE guitar for you. Spend some time on this CF sub-forum, and you will find those who would pick another maker or model that is their choice for "best carbon fiber guitar"... and they would be right. For them.

So, dig in; start doing your research. The BEST carbon fiber guitar for you is out there. Just like with wood guitars (and plenty of us own both wood and CF), you will find folks who have more than one... yeah, they are that good.

Enjoy the search.