View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:33 AM

Default Update and purchase

Update:

First off, thank you again for answering my original questions and giving me a lot to think about!

Being the noob I am, I am VERY GLAD I asked the question in the first place. I realized I didn't know what I didn't know. I had no idea about frequency response in monitor speakers, "near field", bass ports, room acoustics, etc., etc..

Armed with the information I learned, I just recently purchased a set of Sterling Audio MX3 monitors and have to say I am very impressed!

While I have no way of measuring the accuracy of their claims of 55 Hz low end is accurate but I can hear clear low acoustic guitar tones from them very well!

I am limited in their placement on my desk (apparently I'm committing the unpardonable sin of putting them under a desk hutch as well) but for my needs and space limitations, these are exactly what I need and I couldn't be happier!

Long story even longer, if you are limited in space and funds, look into the Sterling Audio MX3 monitors. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Best,
PJ