View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:44 AM

Gerardo, I'm also waiting for my Emerald (a 7-string) and I've gone through pretty much the same saga (although according to the tracking information, my guitar actually took a trip to Germany as well). According to the current tracking info on the carrier's site, the guitars arrived in New York last night. I've managed to talk to the depot in New York and all 6 of the Emeralds were released for shipment this afternoon. I was told by the agent in New York that I'll have my guitar by tomorrow and for once I actually believe it.

I feel sorry for Alistair. As an American builder, I have shipped guitars the other direction and it can be a nightmare or maybe it's just my luck in dealing with Ireland. I had one of our electrics sit in the DHL warehouse in Dublin for 21 days last year. It was supposed to get three day service. Needless to say, both the customer and I were more than a little upset. I just hope that the quality of the Emerald makes me forget my worries once I get a chance to play it a bit.

BTW, I bought the Emerald at least in part on the strength of your reviews.

Last edited by Jim Soloway; 12-09-2005 at 11:27 AM.