View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:00 AM

All good, when I saw the cheapie comment, I thought about it for the last day or so, as I am always trying to give people options, up to now, I have only ever treated it as a bolt on conversion, but the possibilities of resuming cheap cheap guitars economically, mmm interested.

Running figures through my head, I charge 350 for a normal neck reset, so have been thinking, can I just do a quick slap together neck reset vee bolt option, just how simplistic can I make it, is it possible to halve my cost to the customer, or maybe do a 200 dollar neck reset vee a bolt option.

Would have to leave it with fallaway after the 14th, but I would still need to remove the extension to fit the neck bolt inserts, or can I drill it through the end block with long drill and fit an insert in through the neck block and follow up with a tshaped bushing inside the Guitar, then cut the neck heel, dragsome sandpaper and job done.

It could be done in reality from strung up to modified and strung up again within 30-40 minutes.

So as you can see been thinking on it all day

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE