Thread: Tuner Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
As if I do not have enough real things to worry about, two and a half years into my guitar journey, and four months into fingerstyle work, I just can't get this question out of my head.
When I tune my guitar with a headstock device, I attach, tune and remove. But, I see that others skip the final step. They leave that plastic digital device clamped unceremoniously to the top of the their impeccable, hand-crafted, fully pampered, wooden object of desire. Frankly, it looks to me like some orphaned after-thought of a plastic star placed atop a lovely fir tree otherwise painstakingly trimmed for Christmas.
Am I right. Or is this just another thing in my life that I need to put in my rearview mirror. If I can.
David
Hi David
I rotate headstock tuners so they are behind the headstock, not sitting atop the headstock.

That way I can tweak mid-song if necessary (particularly if I'm tuning my 6th down to D and back up to E during the same piece). Also I'm a frequent bender of strings, and once in a while that does some damage to the intonation…then it's nice to have that little thing handy.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…