View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicArkie View Post
I was referring to using the plexi to spread the pressure of the clamps over the length of the braces to insure no gaps and no damage to either the top or the braces from the relatively small clamp faces.

I got it. Even with the wavy-gravy braces?
Maybe on my next project! I spent the snowy night at my GF's (steam heat) and took out the old Yamaha elec/acoustic. It was out of tune and the slightest hump behind the bridge was showing. Looking at the top I could see ripply drying effects. I detuned it and brought it home with me just now. Knee deep snow.

Before I left last night I had another little repair to clamp up. I cleaned both surfaces and dry clamped the piece for location. I drilled two 1mm holes, one high on the ear just below the point and one at the bottom just below the point. I left the tiny bits in the ear extension as I applied the glue, just enough for a slight squish. I pressed in the bits for alignment and used 2 clamps, cleaned up the goo and finished with 2 other clamps. No proud seams or lips. The easy stuff is like rice pudding. Sort of.

Fixed:

So I'm home, still snowing, co-ops' heat is toasty. Means just one thing.

More braces.