View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Default 1981 L25A vintage Yamaha - TRADED!!

I have my eye on a new guitar, so much as I love both of this Yamaha vintage guitar I acquired in the past few months, I think I may let it go. Would prefer a local DFW sale so as to avoid shipping, but will ship if we can work out the right deal.

1981 Yamaha L25A(made in Yamaha-Taiwan factory according to serial number lookup) hand made acoustic guitar. Guitar includes nice (non-original) hardshell case, and as an added bonus has the original Yamaha brochure showing all of the L series acoustics (including this one) AND the retail price list from back then. I am the 3rd owner of the guitar. Kept in non-smoking home.

Since I have owned it, I had the guitar set up and adjusted for really nice action, and added a K&K mini pickup to it so it can be played through an acoustic amp or PA. This guitar had a bone nut and saddle and bridge pins to begin with, so all are original other than some minor modifications to make the action better.

This guitar has sweet tone for days, both unplugged and plugged in. While it does have some scuffs,dings, and scrapes, the overall condition I would say is good. This is not a closet queen guitar. It has been played and loved.

The top is Englemann spruce, and back and sides are Jacaranda, which some people liken in looks and tone to Brazilian Rosewood. It has some lovely figuring to it. Original Yamaha tuners. Peghead has an overlay of the Jacaranda as well.

Please PM me with any inquiries for photos, price, etc. I am looking for TRADEDReasonable offers considered. Not looking for any trades, as I mentioned wanting to fund another guitar.

[IMG][/IMG]
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80

Last edited by jwhelan56; 01-29-2020 at 08:23 PM.