View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I'm quite surprised by the lack of photos here! Yes, I do still follow the CF sub-forum even though I am currently back to all wood guitars. It seems incredible that less than a year ago I was an all CF guitar guy with three incredible specimens of Emerald woody guitars! There was a time when a thread like this would have been packed with photos. Is everyone recovering from NAMM? Or is there some sort of gathering at Kramsters and his wifi is down?!?

Oh well, although these guitars have all gone on to new owners, I did own them all at one time. For the record they are as follows:

Left: My first brand new custom order from Emerald, an X20 with cocobolo woody top, amber back and sides, custom soft V neck carve and short 24.6" scale with K&K pickup.

Middle: An incredible EvanB custom thin body X10 nylon in gorgeous Royal Ebony woody top (the best woody top of all, IMHO) with level 1 pickup system and exposed CF weave bridge.

Right: My second full custom order from Emerald, an X7 with Ziricote woody top with 'flaming sword' sapwood center, amber back and sides, custom soft V neck carve and long 24.6" scale, K&K pickup, and custom center point pinless bridge with exposed CF weave.

Hey, Scott - it's all about the perspective. Those of us who still live in a carbon fiber world begin to look at wood guitars as "those old fashioned things." This CF sub-forum is what I mostly read here, so that becomes my perspective. I know there are lots of cool veneers out there, but I'm guessing the vast majority of those owners don't participate here. I enjoy watching the Emerald shipping videos to see what fun things are going out to new owners.

In the last week of traveling, we've been in the heat, the cold, the rain, the humidity, and are currently in the desert southwest where the temperature is 45º and the humidity is 30%. One Emerald is with us in the motorhome; another is out in the cargo trailer with our bikes. Carefree... it isn't just a town in Arizona.