View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Default NMD: Apogee HypeMic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Just listening to all three songs. I especially like the sound finger picked Martin six string.

I enjoyed the performance. Obviously not studio quality, but a really nice sound quality and balance. The level compression from the mic is way better than what the software would do without it. Any weakness in the sound quality is the bitrate and app processing that is beyond your control. Very enjoyable to listen to. It’s simple setup, and with Facebook Live or Zoom I believe that that is as good audio as is possible to get right now.

I’m looking forward to getting mine even more now!

Thank you for the kind words. I think given the limitations of the platforms it really is close to the best I can get. And, it’s dead simple to boot. That’s my favorite part. When I record (versus stream) with that setup it sounds very clear to my ears. And software compression can’t touch the effectiveness of this analog circuit. It just seems to work for me.

I could try and spruce it up with reverbs or something, which would be nice. But then you’re talking about using an interface in my case.

I do like the idea of an ambient amp in the background and could easily try that. Might just plug into the monitor port of the mic and through the aux in. It would give you a little monitor. But I guess you could get a feedback loop if you’re not careful with the monitor pan switch.