View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 05:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

My everyday connection to the electron word, a MacBook Pro, has developed a swollen battery and is in the shop (Apple's not mine) for not only the battery, but a keyboard and trackpad as well. Since that s the only access to my web provider, where I host my photos, I am unable to show off my current projects. I should have my system back by Saturday, 11/19, but you know how that can go.

I am typing on a brand new MackBook Pro 14" 16gb x 1 terabyte, but it won't run any of the software I have become dependent on, so I will return it when I pick up my old one. I do love the touch recognition feature.

I have started the next guitar, an L00 non-cutaway in Pernambuco topped with yet another fabulous Hampton Bros. sourced piece of Red Spruce. The plates are joined and templated, and I expect to get the rosette in this afternoon.

On Saturday 11/13 I expect to deliver JamieJoon's latest from my bench, a Hampton topped Myrtle JB-15, which is hard to put down once picked up, it sounds as plays as I hoped/expected, at least.

Today I strung up the darker looking fiddle I have recently shown. I am not as certain of violin tonal goals as I am with guitars, but this one seems more like what I want to hear. It will change dramatically over the next few weeks, I expect, and I imagine it is a contender. We'll see.

Pictures will be here eventually.