View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magirus View Post
A really interesting build in progress here, almost conservative compared to some of Thierry's past output! Thanks for posting the Romanillos videos, I really enjoyed seeing and hearing him. I also enjoyed your chat with Michael Bashkin on his podcast.
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the Romanillos videos, I found them fascinating and really quite moving.

It's true, compared to some of the instruments Thierry has made, (or indeed is making at the monent!) this is quite "reigned in". I should say that while it's a collaboration, Thierry gets final veto about any of our ideas, it is his guitar after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
After developing a new model with Jason, you're now venturing into the acoustic archtop space... you sir are always up for a new adventure!

A fun and original one to follow, looking forward to its development.

cheers,
Tom
Thank you Tom! I have to sat that this project is a world away from working with Jason Kostal for my signature model. The primary factor being that I'm fairly confident I know what I'm talking about when it comes to flat-top acoustic guitars and specifically in the context of Jason's work.

Thierry is an artistic outlier in every positive sense of the word and that's why the offer to collaborate with him on this instrument was too good to pass up - I've always felt that if I'm not learning I'm stagnating and this was a wonderful opportunity for learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpartrick View Post
What an outstanding project!
Thank you my man! Glad to have you here for the journey!
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.