Thread: Calton Cases
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by netefx View Post
I purchased a used Calton case which fit my Goodall RCJ pretty well. Only thing was it was missing a few parts, Which I didn't think was a big deal. Turns out this case was so old that I couldn't get the parts. As I was discussing my options, it was clear that the guys to talk to were going to be at the 2019 NAMM show. So I made a plan to take the case to show them and work a plan.

So I met Jeff (owner) and his team at the show. They couldn't have been nicer. I talked with Jeff about building a new case and I'd trade in my original one. He was very agreeable to the plan and wanted the old case for a museum he was starting. So they took all the measurements and the outline of the Goodall.

It took a good while but finally, I received the new case yesterday. It fits just as I expected. I love the new design of the latches, bumpers and the new handle. My wife loves the gray color as opposed to the original white one.

I really appreciate the way they worked this plan for me. I think theirs are the best cases on the market and they are great guys to work with. I so appreciate this type of company which operates as a family and genuinely cares about their business and their customers. I heard from Jeff several times during the process.

They get top marks from me for solving my problem and providing me with such a quality case. The design and quality of the new case is superb. They have earned a customer for life here. I'll be using them for all my guitars.
Comments really appreciated Mark. Hope you get many years use out of the case.

Good to meet you at NAMM.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com