View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor B. View Post
Doug Young's post raises a question that has been at the top of my "gotta figure this out" list for a while now. Here's a quote from his post, (#47).

"If I had instead, selected both the L and R impulses, the reverb would have been true stereo, which sounds slightly more spacious. I didn't realize I had that option until I tried it just now."

Fairly recently I loaded a bunch of Samplicity Bricasti M7 IRs into my Space Designer. Each IR comes in three flavours, M to S, L and R. I know what these designations are but how to apply the L (left) and R (right) to a stereo channel confuses me. Do I just set up two sends, each with an instance of the SD, one set to the chosen IR's L option and the other to the R?

In Audition's convolution verb, it let me multiple-select the L,R files, and you could hear the difference. However, Space Designer won't let me do that. I'm not sure if there's some way I'm missing - maybe. But you could mix the L,R impulses into a new stereo one as a separate step, and presumably load that into Space Designer. impulses are just wav files, so you could open them, pan them hard left and right and save the stereo mix as a new impulse.