View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringmaster View Post
Nice review--thanks. I look forward to the follow up.

Q:
Anyone have experience comparing the 8.2 and the 10.2? I see that the 8.2 has wider dispersion, but of course the 10.2 is bigger and should get more low end, and perhaps a fuller sound? The weight and price are not that different. Which would be a better choice for use with a condenser mic for primarily solo performance?
Thx
The general consensus that I've read in the great amount of research I've done is that if you need more low end (such as if you use it for keyboards, percussion, bass or other low-end production instruments, or DJ'ing) then the k10.2 or k 12.2 is a better choice. For us with just one guitar and one vocalist the K8.2 with the wider dispersion was the best choice for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhunter View Post
According to a spec sheet posted in an earlier thread, S1 dispersion (coverage) is 100 deg H, 40 deg V which less than the QSCs 105 deg conical. But numbers aren't everything I guess. And FWIW, I am not invested in the need for ultra dispersion anyway.

hunter
On my outside video review of the Bose I did a test of the dispersion. I'll do the same with the k8.2 when I demo it outside. Just standing in my living room, the Bose with it's two tweeters that angle out seemed to have a wider dispersion of sound compared to the QSC. Wide dispersion, while generally a good thing, can be problematic in some cases. We've played places where we're tucked into a corner so tight and surrounded by hard surfaces that the wide dispersion becomes more of a hinderance than a help.