View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
I really do need to look at this thread more often! Holy cow these are some beautiful instruments.

Did the Australian Blackwood beauty sell at LaConner? That is about the most beautiful set of back and sides ever! I have had a couple Instruments with Australian Blackwood and I thought they sounded great. Relatively light weight too.

I must say, I like your comments about amplification. We spend a ton of money on instruments, but some folks shortchange them selves when it comes to amplifiers, and PA. Fortunately for me, I'm Playing almost all my gigs unplugged, and completely without amplification. Usually in senior andhealthcare facilities. This works well, as often there is no stage and I need to be able to move around in case someone falls out of their wheelchair. Haha

May your herds continue to increase!

Paul
I have an “old folks home” gig tomorrow afternoon with ”the Coots”, my swing trio. I probably won’t use my new Amp there as it wouldn’t sound that much better through a hearing aid. On the other hand, when we play in restaurants it will really help, I’d think. I did use the Humphrey and my new Tyler Wells guitar at our last rehearsal and the boys wouldn’t shut up about the sound. Very nice.

I sold nothing at La Conner. 5 meaningful conversations and two warm fuzzy moments. Not really what I hoped for business-wise, but the experience was wonderful. I bought a great new guitar and amp; can’t complain.

Bob Berger sent me a picture the other day that made it pretty obvious that his new SJ and the ES-15 I recently acquired are flitch matched sister wood. It is truly incredible how 14 years of care and UV has transformed the Oz B’wood. I had a price of $7750 on the guitar at the show, and that’s a steal.