View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
I hadn't realised how well the leaves in the headstock inlay go with that beautiful PRW. What a tasteful guitar!
Thanks so much. This is my first real closeup view with the lacquer bringing out the grain of the leaves, and I can see now the efforts Jimmi went through to intersperse the range of fall colors. I'm hoping that little details such as the back and forth over the binding "stack" (Thread #80) will reinforce and support the quality of the work she's done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele_Eddie View Post
What a stunning instrument! I cannot wait to see and hear it when it's in your hands at last.
I'm totally with you on the former, and you lost me on the latter. My playing is not going to keep up with this guitar on either looks or tone! But it will motivate me to get better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
I remember back in 2017 looking at that set f D. Tucarensis when selecting a set for my eventual Koa 00-12. I asked Michael if he had any sets that he always wanted to use based on his perceived potential and he offered up your set. I am certain that you will adore the result transformed into your guitar. Regarding fret wire. There is no real decision. Go with the Jescar EVO wire...
That's such a great anecdote - and excites me all the more. In all the back and forth we were pretty certain I wanted to go Swiss Moon, putting the hype aside I love Spruce topped guitars. Knowing that Michael has paired a top he has confidence in with a back and sides that he feels good about is sort of the first rule of custom build, in a sense: pick a luthier you trust, and then trust your luthier.

Bashkin 00-12 Adi/Hog
Bashkin 0M-MS Swiss Moon/PRW(build thread)
Bashkin GC-12 Sitka/Koa
Carter-Poulsen J-Model German Select Spruce/MacEb
Fender MIJ Strat ('90) and 50s RW Tele ('19)
Martin 00-28c Spruce/BRW('67)
Martin M-36 (R) Sitka/EIR
Michaud O-R Cedar/Koa - New Build
Michaud J-R Sitka/MBW
K. Yairi RF-120 Spruce/EIR
KoAloha KTM-25 Koa/Koa
Yamaha G-231 Cedar/Hog ('71)