View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Smile New John Kinnaird build

Hey gang. New John Kinnaird super Custom now in progress and on his bench.

John has kindly done threads on my three builds so far, but I am doing this one, as he is busy building!

this will have my full "Pablo Package":

Back, Arm and Cutaway bevels,
Chamfered, bull nosed body edges
sound port,
12 fret cut,
elevated floating Fretboard and
Carbon Fiber struts from neckblock to waist to free up the top.
asymmetrical super slim carve neck with a Hollow CF D-Tube and NO truss rod
Rolled Fretboard edges for comfort
Manzer Wedge. 3/4"
All linings and laminated neck/end blocks are also SC for lightest weight
New, adjustable neck feature.
And a new bigger shape, John's largest yet, somewhat similar to a Taylor X18/Grand Orchestra
16.75" LB. (So 1/2" wider than John's Round Peaks, which are 16.25")
After tapping, John went with a lattice braced back with Adi braces topped with a bit of Rosewood.

Plus all John's standard features like hide glue where it helps Tone, Super hard Jescar gold color frets, Laminated neck with plenty of CF, headstock front and backplate, and ducktail volute for super strong and lightweight headstock/neck, Gotoh 510 tuners, and lots more.

Built to be tuned down to D, Open D and Drop C, where my guitars live.
Super light, and designed and built to stun small animals senseless at 40 paces, while still sounding fat and responsive at low volume.

Ultra lightweight figured Spanish Cedar B/S, from David at (thank you David) Terra Tone Woods.
Hand selected from over 250 sets for Tap Tone, straight grain, quarter sawn, and figure. (John has one more set in his stash... Hint, Hint)

Link to John's thread about this Spanish Cedar: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=521078

One of John's killer WR Cedar tops.

I have requested the lightest build that will not explode on stage. . If this ever gets tuned up to E it will just be to jam with someone, and will get tuned back down as soon as possible.

Thank You John!!!

BTW, when this is done John will be doing a virtual twin for Steve/shorthand. The only differences will be no cutaway and a KILLER KOA back and sides from John's amazing wood locker. Mine is the prototype.... hahahahahahaha

Play on, my friends, and remain musical

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

Last edited by Guitars44me; 09-07-2019 at 11:09 PM.