View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRC View Post
Hello all and happy holidays.

Does anyone know of any good beginner level “Chord” training and exercising books?

Currently I have been training and exercising from a great but mostly single note at a time DIY guitar starter book which has helped me a lot, but I will probably be done with it in a month or two and really want to progress to playing true and more common and full chords so I can start playing songs the way that actually are supposed to be played.

Essentially what I am hoping for is not something that just describes or is a dictionary of chords as I can get that info from any Google search, but more something that is designed for a relative beginner that starts out easy like my current book does, but with each exercise progress to increase my capabilities and especially my physical technique of being able to play as well as transition through the typical chords most songs are built on.

So does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
For that sort of thing back in the day I just used Bob Dylan song books, full of short progressions of basic 1st position chords with chord diagrams above each change. Don't think it really gets any easier than that, one entire song never even left a D chord!