View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 11:23 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
I seem to recall either hearing in a youtube video directly involving a McPherson employee or reading from a McPherson factory source (interview, article, or directly on their site), that the material for their tops comes from some place in Germany. That same source talked about how the top is layered. It might have just been the honeycomb top. If I can find that source, I will post a link here.

Anyway, I also recall reading Tøf's post quoting Justin some time ago and thinking that if the tops are layered and made somewhat differently, then I could see there being some sonic variation.

Fortunately, I like my honeycomb topped Sable just fine, so it is a non-issue for me other than fodder for forum discussion.

Edit: So far, I have not found that reference to the tops being made in Germany. Until either I or somebody else here does, please take that statement with a grain of salt. I could well be mistaken on that.

Tony
I find this subject very interesting and would love to get a definitive answer but doubt it will be possible because there are just too many variables and questions that we wont be able to get answered unless one of us gets a job at Mcpherson....Tony im looking to retire in a few years so I guess its gonna have to be you...Try and get at least a few weeks paid vacation and christmas off.
2005 Gibson Es 335
2012 Gibson Les Paul standard
2017 Fender elite stratocaster
2001 62 AVRI Fender stratocaster