Thread: CF electrics
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Default CF solid body electrics...

I would love a solid body Emerald with locking tuners, a non locking trem on ball bearings, two DiMarzio hum buckers, and piezo. Something very close to a MusicMan Petrucci but made of carbon fiber. I haven't inquired about this sort of build with Emerald yet as I'm not sitting on thousands of dollars. Maybe someday... I know they had that small run of the really high end Vai inspired electrics but they were ten grand I believe. (Who can drop ten freaking grand on a guitar? wow. I bet they are nice though!)

Although Vigier make fantastic wooden guitars, they have a graphite reenforced neck. One of my instructors in college owned one and toured with it all over the world multiple times and said it was solid as a rock. They are really expensive though and they don't offer a model with piezo otherwise I would have purchased one years ago. He let me play it once and they are certainly worth the money. (Approx $3k to $4.5k.)

There are quite a few companies that have made or do make carbon fiber electrics. I'll drop some links in my next post. A lot of them seem to have gone under though or info is very scarce...