View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durnbock View Post
Hi all...new poster but I've been following the forum for a while. I am looking for a little more info on the Lucas Nano's but from a different perspective. I host karaoke and have a nice, traditional PA for my bar gigs (Yamaha DBR10s and an EV EKX15SP sub). But occasionally I host private parties at houses, and my PA is just overkill, and a lot to haul for those smaller gigs.

I have been looking for something simple and lightweight for these types of shows (as well as private use if I ever get back to playing guitar), and think that the Nano's might do the trick. I'm just not sure which direction to go. I am tempted to look at the 608i since it has the built-in mixer and effects, but it is around $1600. So I could also look at a pair of the 300s for around $1000, but then I would need to bring at least a small mixer. That's not a huge deal.

What I am wondering is if the single 10 inch sub on the 608i would be better than two 8 inch subs on a pair of 300s. In your experiences using them, do you think they would be pretty similar, or would you recommend one set-up over the other? Unfortunately, I haven't found anywhere in Minnesota to actually go check any out in person.

I have used a Fender Passport PD250 in the past, but that just really lacked the low end and the vocals would usually overpower the music, like the speakers just couldn't handle that much going through it. That has been gifted to my dad and brothers for their outdoor events in the summer. So I am trying to find something newer and better!

Appreciate any thoughts you all have from real-world use!

In theory there would be a potential for more sound power. However the amplifier in the 300 has half the wattage. I would be inclined to go with the 608i (I own one) because the satellite design is also better than the ones in the 300. Also, the mixer is very good and it’s one less thing to drag into someone’s house. You should order the S Connect pole. It’s an essential accessory.