View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

I had an email from Taylor about this switch when I was going through my emails. With starting my new job, my personal email has not been checked as frequently, or even going on here for that matter, so I wondered if there was a thread about this.

I kind of personally felt that it was for a few reasons. The beginning would be the special string set that was developed for the GS mini-bass. Then the American Dream series shipped with D'addario strings as opposed to the usual Elixers because of the supply chain issue. Plus, they probably worked out a better deal with Taylor if Taylor's contract with Elixer was coming to an end *if* Taylor had a contract with Elixer.

I am having a slightly customized Taylor coming in here soon - the 322 12 fret with the slotted headstock, no cutaway, and no electronics, so I will be interested to see which strings will wind up on it when it arrives. I'll report back in a NGD post about it. In the meantime, on my next day off from work, I'll see what I can find out if my Taylor dealer I go to has an insight into this switch, if he heard anything about it.