View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runamuck View Post
In my experience, it would be just about impossible for someone to recommend something that will work for you because how a guitar sounds and records depends so much on who's playing it.

I also know that it's not necessarily the best sounding guitar in the room that sounds best recorded.
Not only who's playing it, but what the engineer/producer are wanting to hear. It's context dependant. Most pop songs with an acoustic are wanting a 6 string high hat. Almost no bass, basically a percussive instrument that will disappear in the mix but still add something rhythmically. A singer/songwriter will probably want a fuller sounding instrument with scooped mids to allow the vocals to sit on top of it. A solo fingerstylest probably wants an ever broader spectrum with full mids to bring out the melody, deep lows (especially for alt tunings) and a lot of shimmer on top, along with a lot of dynamics. This, IMHO, is where Lowden's shine.

I guess what I'm getting at is we don't have enough information to make a useful recommendation. What do you want to record?