View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mahony View Post
Humidity is best reduced with refrigeration. Heating air (furnace) does not significantly reduce humidity through heat. Often repeated misconception.

Running a gas fired heater in cold weather may bring about humidity reduction by introduction of out-side air. This comes about either through outside furnace combustion air or a mixed portion of outside air at the return plenum by design. Or possibly through normal house venting as furnace runs.

Applications requiring tighter control for humidity in the hvac world is achieved by first refrigerating (dehumidify) the air stream and then add any desired re-heat followed by re-humidifying air stream to target level. This is all done in the air ducts. Respectfully, tim
That may well be true - not my area of expertise.

But right now the outside humidity is 61% and the humidity in my room with the humidifier running 24/7 is 33%.

It no doubt depends on your heating system. Mine is baseboard hot water. My humidistat "seems" to be telling me that the furnace is cooking some humidity out of the air. That might not be the actual science, just what makes sense relative to my observations.
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo