View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 01:35 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I need to pick up a copy of that book and drop it on my wife's night stand.

BTW, if that guitar doesn't fit the bill anymore are you up for a reissue with a new cover photo. What's the status of "The Diamond?" I've always equated that guitar with your and Tim's "partnership." What about a continuation with Adriane's contributions to the family legacy?

Sorry - I don't mean to make more work for you guys. Talk to my wife about my completion rate; the honey do lists continue to lengthen. I also need to get off the Naughty List.

I spent close to a year assembling past pictures and information for that book. I find bits and pieces I could have added now, but hindsight is always 20/20. I continue to make books about the McKnight history. Most of the newer books have cover of McJam groups. I know the McJam isn't for sitting in our dining room to look at pictures of the past, but the books are there if'n you wanna view them. Hey, Neil, I can take a picture of you holding the page with your picture so your wife can see the before and after. It's been 15 years. We have all aged a bit.

I am assuming you have looked at some of the history in the cradle of the loft. My two favorite magazines are Henry Lowenstein's Newport Miami Guitar show where we displayed and sold the McKnight Spar guitar. Also the Memphis guitar show where we displayed the Memphis guitar which is here to stay.

The McKnight Diamond guitar was my true first solo design to display at a Healdsburg show. I created it to represent our 25 years of marriage. I designed and gave Tim that as a gift. He built the guitar and gave it to me as a gift. There is a special touch in the heel cap I didn't think he would agree to add, but we agreed that was the special touch it needed. The beginning discussions of the Diamond caused a little riff as I wanted some inlay in the back and he wasn't crazy about making a double back. However, he did it and he did it very well. Thus the McKnight double back was made known and was in a magazine article. Several customers have since ordered the double back or double top or both for their own guitars. As a matter of fact, we got an order recently from the Gear guitar now called "Gear Gone Wild" as it is a bit more over the top than my original. I didn't think it could happen but the wife and I had a gay ole time in the wood room picking and choosing. I wasn't going to let some of the wood go, but why? I don't know what I could have been saving it for other than the Gear Gone Wild. Mine has a fan fret. Theirs does not. Theirs has a double top. Mine does not.https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=630258

As for Adrianne building more guitars, well, she is now a busier young lady than she was back then. She said she will return but let's not count on that. She still has her "Mahogany Tree" to sell. Before the Covid mess she purchased a 100 plus year old church to make into a home. The man next door was her best friend who helped work on it. We saw an admiration between then. We got a call one day that he needed to talk to us. He approached us personally and asked if he could propose to her. Months later they were married in their own living room/church auditorium. He makes her happy. So do her 5 kids, three grand kids and now their own baby girl.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.