View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Tampa pulled their goalie with what, 6 minutes left in the game? 3 empty net goals and I believe Tampa also scored one with the extra attacker.

Montreal / Toronto tonight. I still can't believe Montreal took out Toronto in last season's playoffs in the first round.
Tampa scored 2 with the extra attacker, but gave up 3 empty netters. Cooper's math didn't work for The Lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yeah, I don't know what was going on. Pulling the goalie is a desperation play in my book but to suffer three empty netters because of it is just crazy IMO.

I didn't realize that Guentzel was out too. Wow.

BTW, how did the Kraken do? I understand they had several players out with you-know-what.
Pulling the goalie with over 6 minutes left in the game did seem a desperate move to me, but The Pens who were winning 3-0 had thoroughly dominated play up to that point in the game, and I think Lightning HC John Cooper was using that strategy, at least in part, to wake up his team. It seemed to work initially as the Lightning scored their first goal of the game, but as he continued to pull the goalie The Pens countered with their empty netters and put the game away.

Apparently The Kraken fell behind by 3 goals and then rallied to tie the game, only to lose to Vegas 4-3. At least a couple of their players that had been in the not-to-be-mentioned protocol were cleared to play in the game including ex-Pen Jarrod McCann who scored a goal.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24