View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:38 AM

Thanks guys, good to know it can get better. I am liking the Almansa I bought more an more. I feel that I am working too hard for volume in the trebles, but it's a start. I am considering a bigger purchase... but also considering that I should wait a few more months and get better acquainted with nylon strings. However I only have another 2 weeks in which I can return what I bought. I worry about cheaper guitars and longevity.

Muriel Anderson was mentioned. I also noticed that she has wonderful intonation. I recalled watching a video and she bent the low E while fretting higher up. At first I thought this was an odd error but it sounded in tune and she repeated the bend. Then I remembered doing that on my steel string for certain chords. It becomes rote memory after a while, so I forgot. You can fix flat, but not much you can do about sharp.

"dosland" mentioned fretting pressure over in this thread http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=490912. I just encountered this when playing some pieces last night. I literally tuned the fretted notes and it was still a hair out. Then I pressed as lightly as possible and all was fine. I had no idea how delicate the strings were to pressure. I may try higher tension, but I imagine there's a trade off!