View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 09:43 AM

My favorite OM is my only one that I have which I recently purchased, a Martin OM -21 special. What I like about it is as much about the size and type of guitar as it is about the particular model itself. I'm a fairly big guy at 6'4" with a long reach so I can easily play large size guitars but I find the OM size to be ideal. First of all it's very comfortable to play in any position. You never feel like you have to reach a long ways or adjust your posture to compensate for it's body and it works easily standing or sitting in different types of chairs or couches. I've had much bigger guitars that could feel much different to play depending on how they sat on your lap and the OM size seems to fit every position well without a lot of adjustment. I don't find I have to give up much at all in terms of volume either. Not I'm not playing in a jam or anything, but compared to other guitars I've had and played in the same environment, it's just a loud. The OM size is perfect for fingerstyle which is most of what I do but it's a great size for music that you would use a pick, whether strumming or playing runs. This is probably more information than you were looking for but I can't see not having an OM in the future.