View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Default Lyric vs. Anthem vs. EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
How do the Lyrics sound in your Furches? Do you use an outboard EQ?
The Lyric sounds OK. I'm not a great player, but here are some recordings to show the Lyric in an unscientific comparison. The presence control is at the factory setting:

1) The Furch D24 AR recorded by a Shure iOS mic (light compression in the Shure's app), then mixed down to mono in Audacity. Three week old strings:

2) Recorded straight into an old M-Audio USB interface. Three day old strings:

3) Using an active/passive direct box of my own design that buffers the outputs:

I don't use a pedal EQ, just the sound system. Over the past several days I recorded many EQ options, including Radial's PZ-Pre and the MXR 10 band EQ, and I concluded they change the tone of the guitar. An EQ is still helpful to save a gig, or as an effect.

To another poster's point, the OP could use the PZ's 80Hz cut. In my case similar to the OP, my problem was the note "G." Therefore, on the MXR I turned down 31.25Hz and 62.5Hz all the way and 125Hz down 3dB. Still, that robbed some of the life from my tone.

BONUS:

Here is the J45 with Nickel Bronze strings. First, with a microphone:

Now with the Anthem pickup into my direct box:

Furch D24 SR 12 string
Rickenbacker 330w 6 string

Last edited by HogsNRoses; 05-04-2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added recordings, fixed subject