View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
So a bunch of cats that didn't know what they were doing were running their own sound, and it didn't sound good? Imagine THAT!
Believe it or not, a lot of musicians focus on the MUSIC and just don't know much at all about running sound.

Quote:
...and you're running around with a db meter. This almost sounds made up at this point.
There's at least one free db meter app around for the iPhone. I happen to have on installed.

Quote:
I've heard some people sound terrible with L1 Model II's and some sound decent as well. I've heard them fight to keep up when they were underpowered for the situation.
I've never heard anybody (yet) try to use one where it was underpowered.

Quote:
I'll say that most of the time they sound ok,... but I've never heard one sound incredible.
But I prefer "ok" to "not ok" any day of the week.

Quote:
I just feel like, as a musician, part of your job should be knowing how to mix. Why would anyone not learn that skill set?
It's simply not the same skill set. Some musicians can do it well, some just "ok", and some "not so ok".

There's also the issue of hearing your MONITOR fine, but not FOH.

And some of these rooms are a sound guy's nightmare. Concrete floors, brick walls, large glass doors immediately behind the stage, etc.