View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I'm curious and don't fully understand this stuff. If he lengthened the scale by 0.6", half of that would have to be on either side of the 12th fret, no? So wouldn't he move the bridge by 0.3" and then lengthen the neck and stretch the fret spacing to get the other .03" from the 12th fret to the nut? I may be totally off-base here, but that's my understanding of how it would have to work...

-Ray
Ray,

My observation is that the bridge appears to be about .6" lower on the body than in pictures of the standard version of the new X7.

The scale increase from 24.0" to 24.6" would not be a 50/50 split at the 12th fret, but would presumably be about a 60/40 split at the 12th fret, since the X7 has 20 frets. So the connection of the guitar to the neck at the 12th fret would be about .36" different than the standard 24.0" scale X7.

So a difference of .36" at the neck to body connection would still leave the guitar appearing to be a 12 fret set up.

At any rate, . . . the guitar is excellent in tone and feel. My fingers can definitely feel the different in fret spacing of the 24.6" scale as compared to my older body style X7 which has the 24.0" scale.

Regards,

Jim