View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 08:08 PM

Well, I think "we" need to come to terms with the land of tappy....

this style, popularized by Andy Mckee and candyrat label artists, and others,is I think..."newish" for many of us older players....but, now at this point feels like "well ya we've seen that" and so I think lots of acoustic players kinda see this like when Eddie Vanhalen did his "tappy" thing, and it was new,but then became old real quick, particularly when every other artist tried to stick it in somewhere in their solo

so to me there is this generation who did not grow up with this style, and then there are younger players who this "tappy" guitar playing is "normal" or common.

and to me its an each his own kinda thing...

BUT as a life long player and person who has been involved in other dexterity based pursuits, I think we need to give the guy props for basically chewing gum, patting his head while hoping on one foot, all at the same time...

and really appreciate his ear and touch as far as the tuner tweaks, because the challenge to me beside being able to grab it and turn it real time in sync with the song, is the muscle memory in conjunction with pitch id in order to turn them just the right amount and have them "land" back in tune...because if he does not, the rest on the playing would be out of tune....

so I thought it was pretty neato

and well I'm glad he decided to spend his time in his room developing this skill rather than developing the level of his character in a video game