View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukegard22 View Post
So you've got some amazing KM184s or some vintage Schoeps or some other ridiculously expensive stereo pair of mics - small or large diaphragm. What dual mic pre do you run them through? Anybody have a favorite dual preamp?

Price Range 1 - less than $500
Price Range 2 - more than $500

My audio interface can accomplish the same thing, but likely with less warmth and/or clean tone. Looking for a cool piece of outboard gear, wondering what AGF thinks.

Might I add that 1/4" output is preferred.
If it were me I would consider getting something different to add to as an option the UR 44 pres . Since they are Solid State and should be relatively clean and uncolored . I would seriously consider getting a 2 channel tube mic pre to expand your options The are available starting as inexpensive as $100 for a Behringer but If I had anything close to the mics you mentioned I would probably spend at least $500 to $1000 pe channel which will get you into some pretty nice tube pres'

Or the other option depending on your intended use, might be a tube compressor instead for tracking and or , on your mix bus

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4