View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
LOVE both of these covers! I haven't listened to the Judybats in forever, but
I'm a lifelong Bob Mould fan, probably starting with "Zen Arcade" and right up through present day. His solo band is monstrous, and in 2015, I took my two kids to see their first real concerts. It was a back-to-back weekend with G. Love & Special Sauce and a Bob Mould solo electric gig for about 100 people. We were right up front, and at the end of the show, Bob hung out with the crowd and high-fived my (then) 10yo daughter on stage.

And this Ryan Adams cover of Mould's "Black Sheets Of Rain" is amazing! Go to 2:25 to get past his tuning and talking.

Hey, wow, thanks for the LOVE! Glad you got a kick out of them.

I think the Judybats had a couple of great albums, which I still listen to (obviously), but I get that they are a bit obscure for most. Glad someone remembers them!

And that Ryan Adams version was super. Such a different arrangement with a real focus on the lyrics which I’ll admit I seem to gloss over when listening to the original. Fun to see how others (with a ton of talent) can create such original interpretations of songs I love.

And what a way to introduce your kids to concerts! I’ve see Bob a few times and there’s always a ton of energy. I’m sure it was a blast.

Thanks for the comments and for sharing your story (and the Ryan adams
link).

Cheers,

Dave