View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Hey Frank! Thanks so much for the comment, and I am truly flattered you think I’m adding something here to AGF. I certainly am having fun doing these covers, experimenting, and trying to get better.

Neat story about working with the Husker Du connection. What is your band? I’d be curious to listen.

Cheers,

Dave
I'll respond with too much stuff, but whatever. I don't have much of the late 70s stuff in digital format, and it was kind of awkward interval as were transitioning from an acoustic "punk folk" thing to electric instruments we were new to. But here's a spread of other things:

This one has Husker Du content (written, recorded after Grant Hart died) -- but it's a one-man-band recording. Also far from acoustic.

Garden Elegy (For Grant Hart)

The above link will open a new tab with the player to hear that.

Acoustic? Here's one of my band's songs done solo acoustic

Covers of songs from the 80s? Here's the electric band doing a Robyn Hitchcock number. Warning: this one runs longer than a winter solstice night

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....