View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLauden View Post
Take a look at the Roland Cube Street EX. I’ve been using one for outdoor rehearsals and street shows for a year. It’s got three inputs, and the acoustic guitar channel sounds great. The battery life is amazing. No phantom power, tho.
I have the EX too and it is a GREAT OPTION for a solo performer. It can work for a duo too, but inputs 3 & 4 are mono and have about 1/4 of the output of channels one and two. Even boosted with preamps, they don't get close to as loud as the first 2 channels.

Mark, not sure where you are getting 3 inputs from unless you are using a splitter to combine 3 & 4. Also, I believe it as an aux in to boot.

These things are workhorses though, and we've used them at small gigs and in the street. Had it for years and the AA batteries last long enough for a regular 3-4 hour gig easily. Vocals are not as clear as they are on our very small Samson PA.

The 2 choices you list seem like favorites here. There are several threads you can search for one these 2.

Sweetwater has the JBL Eon One Pro for $499. Battery powered. 4 xlr inputs. Line array system. People complain that the built in mixer doesn't provide enough gain though, still - a heck of a deal as they were $1199 when they came out and many of the negative reviews are based on cost/performance. They do seem to have a high failure rate as well but may be worth a look.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19