View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by phcorrigan View Post
One reason to not use ProTools is the fact that it uses the iLok license manager, which has been problematic for many when things go wrong.
I used to have Nuendo installed using a harddrive license but when COVID blew up I began commuting the DAW back and forth from home to work. I do live sessions and critical mixing at the studio and editing at home. I've got the little brothers of the studio monitors we use at work at home and the company bought me a laptop and hardware including an interface. The solution was to put all the software on both the work tower and the home laptop and move the licenses to a set of dongles and an iLok that I carry back and forth. EVERYTHING lives on the dongles, from WAVES to iZotope and Nuendo and WaveLabs for mastering. The only thing that can't go home is UAD because it needs the hardware accelerator card. If I had thought of it I might have picked up a UAD interface instead of a Focusrite to use that as well. It feels a tad rustic to carry the dongles back and forth but it works great.

So, today through Wednesday I am recording vocals here at the studio. Thursday and Friday I'll be home editing.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)