View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 04:47 PM

No idea how long it will go, but the previous BE's are different spec.
While I love the V bracing of my 717e, I also love the chunky BE neck with the compound carve. I love Elixirs and especially PB and I am having a nice time running the ES2 through my Tonedexter, very pleased with the sound I get from that combo.

I still think Lowden players and lovers will embrace the BE GP series more than fans of other makes.

And while I did mention something coming over me and also wanting the 5 after playing my 7 when I bought it, I am now waiting to see what they come up with next - the 5 and 7 would be way too similar. An article in Guitarist UK stated they were twins and hard to tell the difference without looking at the label...

NO, I now want firstly, to keep exploring this 717e beauty while Andy is hopefully working on a full fingerpicker Grand Concert Builder's Edition with the compound neck and rounded everything and pickup! All mahogany, all Tas Blackwood, sinker something, don't care. And preferable just ONE model so we don't have to agonize over 5 or 7 or 3 or....

Just nod if you are listening, Andy!

BluesKing777.