View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martie View Post
I'll copy and paste my original post below (the one I did before the one you referred to), which may pique your interest to find out more etc. What people choose to believe (and eat) is entirely up to them, but both the (rising) instance of coeliac disease and the actual/potential dangers of eating 'modern' wheat are things we ignore at our peril...

Gluten is a large protein which is difficult for the human digestive tract to handle, and the main problem with it is that it stimulates the production of zonulin. Zonulin is a protein which causes the protective cells lining the gut to open up (so-called "leaky gut syndrome"), which allows toxins that should be flushed through the digestive system, into the bloodstream instead. This can lead to a range of unpleasant symptoms (including cognitive and mood disorders), and ultimately to disease. People with autoimmune and gastrointestinal problems, including coeliac disease and IBS, are more sensitive to zonulin than others.

The other problem with wheat, and other gluten-containing crops, is that they are heavily sprayed with glyphosate, a highly toxic weedkiller. Glyphosate behaves very similarly in the body to zonulin, contributing to increased gut permeability and leaky gut syndrome, so every time we consume gluten, we're giving the gut a double-whammy attack (even organic wheat crops have been found to have some traces of glyphosate, although less than conventional products).

There is no benefit to any human to consuming gluten, and we would all do better without it in our diets. More info here:

https://www.marioninstitute.org/zonu...ght-junctions/

And here:

https://www.fxmedicine.com.au/conten...n-role-zonulin

Big shout out to all those manufacturers with wisdom to produce gluten-free food...
Tried both links and neither could be accessed .
Just thought that I would add that gluten free means no beer .