View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph124C41 View Post
Budget? Maybe $100 tops. I plan to use my Fishman Neo single-coil that I will be taking in and out of one of my guitars, probably my Alvarez AD710. I don't know if I really need it but I haven't used it yet ...and I don't trust the settings from the open mic's house tech to be honest.

As for the battery, it would be possible I guess to buy one of those little adapter things that will let me use a 9-volt battery to run the unit.

Please feel free to move this post to a more suitable forum, folks.

Yeah after doing a little online sleuthing I found that probably the best bet for me would be a BOSS AD-2 as it seems to offer what I need. So, admins, please delete this post.
I don't think they'll delete your post.

Whatever you get, make sure you're pretty ready to just plug-and-play if you want to keep the host happy. (Seems like I'm repeating myself from another thread here, so apologies if I am.) If you've attended them before and know they're cool with extra pedals and stuff, that's good, but spending time looking for an AC outlet or asking if they have an extension cord, just for you, is not always welcome.

I tried the AD-2 a friend loaned me, and found it to be pretty noisy - well, too noisy for me. Maybe he had a bad one. And, it actually has no EQ controls, per se, but it does have a reverb-y "ambience" knob and some kind of feedback control, though I have never had a feedback problem at an open mic where it's just me and acoustic guitar and maybe one or two others on acoustic instruments. Feedback is more of an issue playing in loud environment, or perhaps through an on-stage amp, so maybe that's the kind of situation you have, and it would be of value then.

Good luck!