View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Gigs like the one our duo played this past Saturday made me truly appreciate just how very fortunate I am to be able to publicly sing and play guitar. The venue was a micro brewery situated on rural old farm land. The tasting room was a large barn, renovated with a nice bar, rustic tables, lofts. The barn side wall had two huge 20' high doors that were opened to full width effectively bringing the whole outdoor lawn area inside. We were situated on the wall across from the doors so our view was of the whole indoor area with the outdoor stone patio area beyond, and then the entire huge lawn area beyond that. It was a beautiful sunny day, kids and dogs playing in the yard, people in lawn chairs, patio area packed, and all indoor tables full with an appreciative crowd.

Our Bose PA filled the venue perfectly and the guitars sounded amazing. It was one of those 'this is why we do this' kind of gigs. After 4 hours our tip jar was full, I saw at least 4 business cards leave the tray, and we received many great compliments and handshakes when we finished. And the owner wants us back, so we must have done ok!

I never even considered gigging until about 7 years ago when I met my partner and he coaxed me out (I'm in my 50's). Its been a blast and I sometimes can't believe that I get to do this. I'll say it again - I'm a lucky guy
That sounds awesome but my imagination ain't so great any more. Do you have any pics of the venue and the setup?
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2