View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer tunes View Post
My bad, upon further inspection I was able to increase the about of threaded jack buy further unscrewing the interior section of the jack.
I can't even remember the number of times I've diagnosed "plug in problems" with end pin jacks that have been installed so the inner barrel doesn't extend far enough so the 1/4" plug can be inserted correctly. Last week I corrected a jack for a Baggs M1 system that was just installed "professionally" by the local "big box" guitar store. The inner barrel was recessed inside the strap button flange by a full 1/4" Who trains these employees?

I walked someone else through the process of correcting the same thing done with a Fishman jack a couple of states away from me. When the problem was described I stopped him after the first sentence and told him what was wrong. It's such a common malady with end pin jacks that I'm surprised that the need for the barrel to be positioned correctly isn't stated in large bold type in the installation instructions. That might help to prevent a lot of problems that give end pin jacks a bad name.