View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
Thanks for your reply. It's interesting that you use your Beard Signature for fingerpicking, because I am interested in both the Beard Signature and the Gretsch Alligator Biscuit, but I was under the impression that the Gretsch would be better for fingerpicking (no slide), but do you think this is true?
My Goldtone has a cutaway, which I think helps it for playing up the neck. I was on a road-trip from New Orleans to Maine and on into Nova Scotia when I bought it - I tried resonators in a dozen music stores, all in the $500 range and neither I nor my wife (who was buying me the guitar for a present) liked the tone or the feel. I tried this Goldtone (used, $750, new street around $1200) at Randy Wood's store in Savannah. Instant bond, the tone was there, the quality fit and finish was there, the playability. Bought it right then and there. For an import they really are professional level instruments. I did not find that of the Gretsches, the epiphones, the various other more entry level instruments.