View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 PM

LOL - my wife said to me today "I see you ordered those plans" which took me aback. I mentioned to her that I was going to buy them but apparently she wasn't listening. See? It's not only men who are guilty of this - though I admit that I'm also prone to this.

Anyway, after the kids went to bed I spread them out on the kitchen table and took a good look at what I was in for. Seeing it in 100% scale just confirms my good vibes on these plans. For reference I laid my Larrivée OM-03R over the outline to see how the shape differed. I have a good feeling that the MJ would be a much fuller-sounding instrument.

I also noted that there are detailed plans for the bridge. YJ has Martin bridges but I think I want to try and fashion this one if only for purely aesthetic reasons.

That's a long ways off though. First and foremost I need to get some materials to fashion a mold. What's a decent grade of plywood to use? I've hear that birch is good but that MDF is another way to go. I'm hoping I can find what I need at the Home Depot.