Thread: Resonator/Dobro
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGuitarMan View Post
Uhm, so she's a beginner player and you want her to rush out and get a National? Really? I mean... sorry, that's like telling someone who likes looking at the night sky to go out and buy the best telescope they can buy... I'm sorry, it's lousy advice. Just my .2 cents.

Post like this make me realize why I never come to this forum: the level of artificial snobbery on this board amazes me. You guys really take this crap way too seriously. It's a hobby, I bet none of you have ever made a dime off music. And yet you guys get so carried away...

Hey, easy does it LittleGuitarMan, like all forums and the written word, I don't think Dotneck read the main post clearly, as do a lot of us on more occasions than than I can count. In a conversation about resos, his comment is very valid. In this instance it's just a case of probably not reading thru the first post clearly.
It happens. Don't run off. Besides, those of us that have purchased a new National have a great love for those guitars for good reason, and sometimes a disdain for the cheapies for good reason too.

I snipped off the last of your quote..